- Histone H3K4 demethylase LSD1 is an epigenetic enzyme that is highly expressed and associated with poor prognosis in lung, brain, breast, and prostate cancers.1-2
- LSD1 binds to enhancer and promoter regions of genes and regulates stemness, cell motility, differentiation, among other critical processes in cells.1-3
- Preclinical data suggest that inhibition of LSD1 elicits anti-tumor immunity characterized by T-cell infiltration and newly obtained immunogenicity in previously low or non-immunogenic tumors. Combinatorial use with checkpoint inhibitors suggests a synergistic effect and is currently being studied.4
H3K4=histone H3 lysine K4; LSD1=lysine specific demethylase 1; PD-L1=programmed death ligand 1.
- Majello B et al. Cancers (Basel). 2019;11(3):324.
- Karakaidos P et al. Cancers. 2019;11:1821.
- Fang Y et al. J Hematol Oncol. 2019;12:129.
- Sheng W et al. Cell. 2018;174(3):549-563.